Socius Legal Services will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other related laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal data it possesses, and will handle such information appropriately in accordance with our policy set forth below.
Purpose of Use of Personal Data
Our firm may ask you to provide, directly through this website, personal data such as your name, address, phone number and e-mail address, while also obtaining personal data by other various means. In such cases, we will use such personal data within the scope necessary for the purposes set forth below.
(1) Carrying out legal services which we have been entrusted by our clients and related communications;
(2) Providing information with respect to our firm, legal issues, seminars and other related matters; and
(3) Recruiting of attorneys, patent attorneys, office staff and trainees.
Our firm will only use personal data for the above mentioned purposes and, except when required by laws and regulations or when we have given separate notifications or publicly announced such other purposes, will not use them for other purposes without the consent of the applicable persons.
Management of Personal Data
Our firm will manage personal data within the scope necessary for the purpose of use, and by taking necessary and appropriate measures to prevent illegal access, loss, damage, manipulation, leakage, etc. We will supervise our attorneys and employees appropriately regarding the handling of personal data, and when entrusting the handling of personal data to any third party, we will supervise such third party so that it will manage the personal data appropriately. Unless required or permitted otherwise under laws and regulations, we will not provide personal data to any third party without the consent of the applicable person.
Contact Information regarding Personal Data
Regarding the disclosure, correction or deletion of personal data, please contact us at the following e-mail address or by using the contact information indicated on the web page at which you provided your personal data.
Client Identity Verification
In accordance with the Rules Concerning Client Identity Verification and Record Preservation, etc. of the Japan Federation of Bar Associations (effectuated on March 1, 2013), we may carry out verification of certain identification matters in order to prevent money laundering, etc. when accepting to serve new clients. We ask for your kind understanding and cooperation.
*Example of matters subject to confirmation
– For individual clients: Name, address and date of birth by requesting seal registration certificate, driver’s license, passport, health insurance card, pension handbook, residence card, etc.
– For corporate clients: Name and location of the official headquarters or main office by requesting commercial registration certificate, etc.